Brecknock: Later Prehistoric Monuments and Unenclosed Settlements To 1000 A.D. (eLlyfr)
Dim ond yn yr iaith Saesneg y mae'r llyfr hwn ar gael.
Mae'r teitl hwn bellach allan o brint, ond mae ar gael fel eLyfr.
This publication forms Part i of the Royal Commission's Inventory of the Prehistoric and Roman remains of the County of Brecknock (Brycheiniog). Part ii, Hill-Forts and Roman remains was produced in 1986. This volume covers Mesolithic, Neolithic and Bronze Age sites with all undefended and unenclosed settlements of probable pre-Norman date, together with summary finds lists and a handlist of Dark Age inscribed stones. Of particular interest in this volume are plans of the unenclosed settlements, some forming parts of palimpsest landscapes, the survey of which was a new departure for the Royal Commission.
- Part i: Later Prehistoric Monuments and Unenclosed Settlements to 1000 A.D.
- Physical Background and Post-glacial History
- Cave Archaeology
- Prehistoric (and later) cave sites
- The Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Periods
- Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic sites and findspots
- Neolithic Settlement and Burial
- Neolithic Court Tombs
- Burial and Ritual Structures of the Bronze Age
- Round Cairns and Barrows of the Bronze Age
- Other Bronze Age Burials and Lost Cairns; Tithe Award and other Placenames
- Stone Circles and Stone Settings
- Stone Circles and Stone Settings: the sites
- Standing Stones
- Standing Stones: the sites
- Mounds of Burned Stone
- Burned Mounds
- Later Prehistoric and Protohistoric Settlement
- Unenclosed Settlements
- Hillforts (Addendum to Vol 1 (ii)
- Early Medieval Landholding, Estates and Ecclesiastical Centres
- A Handlist of Early Christian Stones
- Later Prehistoric Lithic Finds
- Handlist of Bronze Age Bronze Artefacts
- Index of National Grid References
- Glossary: General
- Glossary: Welsh Place-name Elements
- General Index